An Email Service Provider (ESP) offers services to send and receive emails. Good ESP helps you to build email templates, manage your contact lists, and send and track your campaigns on a larger scale. Most of the email account providers are free but some premium features may be charged.
Following is a free email service providers list with popular features.
ProtonMail is an open-source and secure email service offered by MIT scientists and CERN. It is protected by Swiss privacy law. It has easy to use secure email service, having an end to end encryption.
- To create an email account, no personal information is necessary.
- It can be used on any device without the need to install any software.
- Send and receive emails that are encrypted from beginning to end.
- To create your safe email account, no personal information is required.
- ProtonMail is designed to make it easier for you to read and send emails.
2) Zoho Mail
Zoho Mail is the most secure and add free email hosting service tailor-made for your company’s communication needs. It is clean and fast and offers protection against fake emails.
- It contains a control panel where the administrator may alter settings and customise the system.
- It follows the e-Discovery procedure, which aids in the rapid discovery of emails.
- Allows you to leave comments in email threads, share files, handle tasks, and tag your team.
- To handle your sales, you can link with Zoho CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
Microsoft Outlook is a browser-based email service provider. It is included in Exchange Server, Exchange Online, and Office 365. It helps you to be productive and connect yourself at home and on the go.
- It comes with enterprise-level security.
- You may use Outlook’s built-in calendar to organise and manage meetings and events.
- When you hover over a contact’s name, you’ll see information about it.
- It makes it simple to locate individuals, messages, and documents in email.
Gmail is a free email account service managed by Google. It allows you to send and receive emails. You can access Gmail using third-party programs that synchronize email details through IMAP or POP.
- It’s one of the greatest free email services since it sends you nudges to remind you to follow up on communications.
- Without opening emails, you can browse attachments, snooze messages, and open attachments.
- From your email, you may join a Hangouts Meet conversation or video conference with others.
- Phishing emails are immediately blocked by Gmail.
5) Yahoo! Mail
Yahoo! Mail is an email service provided by the American parent company, Yahoo! It is one of the top mail services that offers an easy signup process and a free email account with massive storage, i.e., 1 TB.
- Yahoo Mail’s free email service allows you to personalise your inbox by selecting from a variety of themes.
- Email can be searched by keyword, date, or contact.
- It is one of the greatest free email services that allows you to express yourself with animated GIFs.
- When you’re on the go, the Yahoo Mail mobile app makes it simple to handle your emails.
HubSpot is a tool that helps you create and send emails without the help of IT or a designer. It has a drag-and-drop editor that enables you to customize your mail. This application has ready-to-use templates that can be used as per your needs.
- You may send customised emails with it.
- You can send emails while maintaining your privacy and data security.
- It allows you to easily change the text of your emails.
- You can send emails from CRM using this application.
- It has the ability to respond to emails automatically.
7) iCloud Mail
iCloud Mail is an email service operated by Apple. It can be used with the Mail app on your Mac computer or iOS device, or with MS Outlook on a computer with a Windows operating system.
- It is one of the best email providers which allows you to access IMAP.
- It automatically finds for new messages and put them in the inbox.
- ICloud Mail loads automatically load HTML images.
8) AOL Mail
AOL Mail is a web-based free email account service provided by the division of Verizon Communications, AOL. It is one of the best mail services that have a simple account interface and a mobile application for accessing inboxes without any interruption.
- It aids in the management of your AOL calendar.
- It is one of the greatest email providers since it allows you to customise your email list view.
- AOL Mail allows you to better organise your emails.
- It offers a personalised panel that allows you to concentrate on your task.
GMX (Global Mail eXchange) is one of the best email service providers that offer the feature of advertising. Users may access GMX Mail via webmail, POP3, and IMAP4 protocols.
- It allows for attachments of up to 50 MB.
- It allows you to manage your schedule by dragging and dropping items.
- An online address book is included in GMX, allowing you to keep track of all your contacts.
- It includes powerful email filtering rules to keep your inbox clean.
Yandex. Mail is a smart and secure email service provider. You can use it on Android and Android devices. It is one of the best email services that offer you the chance to change the appearance of the mailbox to suit your mood.
- It allows you to create new email addresses and schedule messages so that you can write them ahead of time and send them at the appropriate time.
- It scans all incoming mail for viruses and files any suspicious messages in the spam folder.
- Anti-spam and anti-fraud protection.
- It allows you to use one account to access all Yandex services.
Mail allows you to choose from 200 domains while creating an email address. You can choose an area that fits your profession, personality, location, or lifestyle. This personalization of email addresses will work as an identification of a specific person.
- It is one of the best email services that provides free email services and unlimited email storage.
- It has antivirus tool which protects your emails from viruses.
- It provides a convenient way to access your Mail via smartphone.
Tutanota is an open-source and secure email service. You get free email sign up and you can use encrypted emails on all devices with mobile email clients and desktop clients.
- It is one of the greatest free email providers that provides email services without advertisements.
- For security reasons, it has an encrypted calendar.
- It enables you to send safe emails to anyone for free without any effort.
- Offers a free email address that is safe and free of advertisements.
What is an Email Service Provider?
An Email Service Provider (ESP) is an application that offers services to send and receive emails. It helps you build email templates, manage your contact lists, and send and track your campaigns on a larger scale. Most of the email account providers are free, but some premium features may be charged.
Which are the Best Email Service Providers?
The following are the best email service, providers:
- Zoho Mail
- Yahoo! Mail
- iCloud Mail
- AOL Mail
How to Create a Free Email Account?
Here is how you can create a free email account:
- Step 1) Go to any of the free email account providers listed above in any browser.
- Step 2) Select the Sign Up option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3) Fill in the relevant information, such as your name, phone number, preferred email address (if applicable), and so on.
- Step 4) Complete all fields and create a password.
- Step 5) If necessary, complete mobile authentication.
- Step 6) Select “Create Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 7) You will obtain your free email account, which you may use to send and receive emails.
How to select a Free email provider?
Here are the top selection criteria’s to check when you select a free email provider:
- Reputation: Your free email service provider should have a good reputation. A email address is one of the first aspects that your clients see.
- Archive Capabilities: Good free email providers enable you to save, store, archive, and search your messages.
- Security: You should look for strong security measures while choosing a free email provider. It helps you to keep your message safe and protects from unauthorized access to email account.
- Integration: Some email services work fine with other business software like productivity suites and calendars. If your business depends on such tools, you should go for the email package that integrates them.
- Spam Filter: Spam messages waste your time, and you do not want to read them. Thereby, you need email service having a system to detect and filter out spam messages.
- Reliability: Your email service provider should be running when you actually need it. The downtime of Email can result in unhappy or lost customers.
- Storage: Storage is one of the important aspects When selecting an email service provider. It would help if you kept in mind that the amount of enough storage space included with your account.
- Ease of Use: Your staff member needs to create and use email account as your business grows. You have to look for the email service provider, which is easy to use, so it reduces staff training time.
- Advanced Features: Advanced features like the ability to schedule tasks or recall messages depending on your unique business need.
What is IMAP, POP3, SMTP?
IMAP: IMAP, or Internet Message Access Protocol, is a mail protocol that is used to access email on the webserver from a local PC. It stores messages on a server and synchronizes the messages across multiple devices.
POP3: POP3 or Post Office Protocol version 3 is a mail protocol that is used to receive emails from server to local email client. It downloads mail messages on your computer and deletes them from the server.
SMTP: SMTP, or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, is an application to send messages to the mail server for relaying.
When you send emails, the web server processes your mail and decides which server to send messages to. The mail service provider downloads the messages and places them in the inbox of the recipient.
What is Microsoft Exchange?
Microsoft Exchange is an email server solution that manages all your emails. It performs different activities related to your incoming, outgoing, and drafted messages and calendars.