You’ll learn how to unlock a phone blocked by PTA in this article.
Because of updates in legislation and regulation, there is a risk that the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) will block your phone, but do not fear. If you have an unwanted situation, we will teach you how to unblock it and you are in the right position. The following instructions are all you need to do:
Why is PTA blocking your phone first?
If your phone is not registered with PTA, it will probably be blocked for a while after using it. The PTA has required your phone registration to track the devices legally imported and the devices that were smuggled. When a person brings his phone here in Pakistan outside Pakistan, he/she needs to pay the tax corresponding to PTA in order to use his/her phone.
Unblocking your phone
If your phone has been blocked by authorities, here is how you can unblock it:
- Open the PTA official website by following this link.
- On the bottom right corner, you will see a menu. Choose the last option on the menu, ‘Online Mobile Registration’ to proceed.
- Once you click this option, a new tab will open automatically and redirect you to a link where you will be asked to create your new account
- You will be asked to provide your personal information such as your name, phone number, email address, postal address, city, passport number, CNIC, and password.
- Once you have filled in all the info, your sign-up process will be complete.
- You will be emailed an activation link which you can click to access your account.
- Log in to your newly created account and register your phone.
- It is imperative to know that you can only register one mobile phone free of cost per year. For reg istration of additional phones, you would have to pay tax.
- You will also be required to add your IMEI number, which can be found on the phone box.
- Once you have submitted the form, you will receive a text message on your phone providing you the details of your PSID number and COC ID.
- If there is any tax amount that you need to pay for your device, it will also be mentioned in the SMS.
- To complete the registration of your PTA blocked phone, you will have to pay the tax in any major banking branch of Pakistan such as MCB, ABL, or NBP,
- Upon payment, you will receive a text message indicating that your phone is now PTA approved.
How much phone tax do you need to pay?
The tax is based on the telephone price. If a new phone was brought from abroad, the tax would be applied in accordance with its current market rate.