- Release Date: 28 April 2023
- Language: Tamil
- Dubbed: In Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama
- Cast: Vikram, Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Trisha Krishnan, Sobhita Dhulipala, Aishwarya Lekshmi, Jayaram, R. Sarathkumar, Parthiban Radhakrishnan, Prabhu, Prakash Raj, Rahman, Kishore Kumar G., Lal, Nizhalgal Ravi, Nassar, Vikram Prabhumore…
- Director: Mani Ratnam
- Writer: Kumaravel, Mani Ratnam
- Cinematography: Ravi Varman
- Music: A.R. Rahman
- Production: Lyca Productions, Madras Talkies, Zeal Z Entertainment Services
About Ponniyin Selvan: Part Two Movie (2023)
Arulmozhi Varman (Jayam Ravi) continues on his journey to become Rajaraja I, the greatest ruler of the historic Chola empire of south India.
Ponniyin Selvan, a Tamil historical movie written by Kalki Krishnamurthy, is widely regarded as one of the greatest literary works in Tamil literature. The novel follows the journey of Arulmozhivarman, the prince of the Chola dynasty, and his quest to become the emperor. Part Two of the novel is a continuation of the first part and introduces new characters and plotlines. In this article, we will delve into the second part of Ponniyin Selvan and explore the major themes, characters, and plot developments.
Also related: Movie download sites
Recap of Part One
Before we delve into Part Two, let’s briefly recap the events of Part One. The novel starts with the death of the great king Sundara Chola, and his successor, Aditya Karikalan, sets out to avenge his father’s death. Along the way, Aditya Karikalan meets Nandhini, a beautiful and intelligent woman who becomes his lover. However, Nandhini’s true intentions are revealed, and Aditya Karikalan dies in battle.
Meanwhile, Arulmozhivarman, the prince of the Chola dynasty, sets out on a journey to meet his father’s friend, Vallavaraiyan Vandiyadevan. Arulmozhivarman meets Nandhini and is smitten by her, but she rejects his advances. Arulmozhivarman then meets Kundavai, the princess of the Chola dynasty, and falls in love with her. Part One ends with Arulmozhivarman discovering a conspiracy against his father and embarking on a mission to uncover the truth.
Part Two of Ponniyin Selvan explores several major themes. One of the central themes is the struggle for power and control. Arulmozhivarman’s quest to become the emperor and uncover the conspiracy against his father is a testament to this theme. Another major theme is the role of women in society. Nandhini and Kundavai are strong female characters who challenge traditional gender roles and expectations.
Part Two of Ponniyin Selvan introduces several new characters. Some of the notable ones include:
- Pazhuvettarayar: A powerful and influential minister who is involved in the conspiracy against Arulmozhivarman’s father.
- Vanthiyathevan: A brave and adventurous young man who becomes Arulmozhivarman’s close confidant.
- Poonguzhali: A beautiful and courageous young woman who becomes Vanthiyathevan’s love interest.
Part Two of Ponniyin Selvan is full of twists and turns that keep the readers engaged. Some of the major plot developments include:
- Arulmozhivarman’s discovery of the conspiracy against his father and his efforts to uncover the truth.
- The emergence of new villains, including Pazhuvettarayar and his son.
- The blossoming romance between Vanthiyathevan and Poonguzhali.
- Kundavai attempts to navigate the political landscape and assert her power as a princess.
Ponniyin Selvan: Part Two is a gripping continuation of the first part of the novel. The novel introduces new characters, explores major themes, and develops the plot in exciting ways. If you are a fan of historical fiction or Tamil literature, this novel is a must-read.
In conclusion, Ponniyin Selvan: Part Two is a continuation of the first part and is full of twists and turns that keep the readers engaged. It introduces new characters, explores major themes, and develops the plot in exciting ways. Kalki Krishnamurthy’s masterpiece is a must-read for those who love historical fiction or Tamil literature.
When was Ponniyin Selvan first published?
Ponniyin Selvan was first published in 1950.
How many parts are there in Ponniyin Selvan?
There are five parts to Ponniyin Selvan.
Who is the author of Ponniyin Selvan?
Kalki Krishnamurthy is the author of Ponniyin Selvan.
Is Ponniyin Selvan available in English?
Yes, Ponniyin Selvan is available in English translation.
What makes Ponniyin Selvan a great literary work?
Ponniyin Selvan is a great literary work because of its well-crafted characters, intricate plot, and its ability to capture the essence of the Chola dynasty and its society.